Insurance & Massage Therapy.
Massage for wellness, therapeutic and clinical can treat a variety of ailments including:
- Frozen Shoulder
- Abdominal Constipation
- Carpal Tunnel
- Shoulder Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Iliotibial band contracture (IT Band)
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Hypertension and other ailments
In addition to the benefits of massage, many people may not know that their insurance could actually cover the treatment if it is determined to be ‘medically necessary’ by a doctor, a chiropractor or a physical therapist.
Under Obamacare, section 2706, states that licensed massage therapy can be covered by medical insurance.
We suggest that people ask their doctor if massage therapy could be beneficial to their overall treatment plan. Your doctor can write a ‘massage prescription’ or you can download a physician referral/prescription form on my website in the "PDF Forms" section and can be printed out for your doctor.
Our office accepts :
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon.
- United Health Care
- Prime Health Services, INC.
- Aetna Life Insurance Company (PPO; Network Access Benefit Plan)
- American Specialty Health Group, Inc.
- Health Net Health Plan of Oregon, Inc( EPO, HMO, POS & PPO, Benefit Plan)
- Providence Health Plan ( EPO, Preferred PPO; Network Access Benefit Plan, Benefit Plan.
We continue working to be accepted in other medical panels and we will update our site on any additional medical insurance panels.
Please note that all policies are different and we need to call to make sure your policy will cover our services.
What steps you need to do prior to your first medical massage therapy session?!
Step 1: Insurance Verification. We need to find out if your insurance company will pay for Massage Therapy. This is what you need:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Name of the insurance company
- Phone number of your insurance company
- Policy number
- If it is an auto injury. Please provide Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
You can email this information to me using the Contact Me section on this website.
Step 2: Doctor's prescription form. You can find and print the form in the PDF Forms section of this website.
Step 3: Forms for your first visit.
- Intake Form. This form must be filed and can be found in the PDF Forms section as a link to the electrical form for your safety and privacy.
- Health form release for clients with a referral from a doctor. Please print out the " Confidential Health Intake Form" which can be found on my website in the " PDF Forms" section.
Step 4: Print a pain chart and fill out on the day of your treatment. This form can be found on my website under the PDF Forms section.
If you have any questions you can call me or send me an email by using the "Contact Me" section.